Transform raw data into meaningful information for a range of industries
Virtually everything people interact with is driven by or generates some form of data.
This NEW computer science-based program offered by DigiPen explores practical challenges involving complex, real-world data and examines a wide range of case studies.
It also provides a comprehensive look at the various post-secondary pathways and career opportunities for a market that is projected by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics to grow to over $132 billion by 2026.
Students learn how to:
- Take raw, unorganized data and visually represent the information so it is understandable.
- Understand the applications and implications of data science in different industries.
- Learn how to extract strategic insights from data and efficiently communicate them using a variety of tools.
- Discover mathematical topics from probability and statistics to linear algebra and calculus.
- Learn basic programming skills using Python and examine machine learning and artificial intelligence tools that automate analysis processes.
- Build models to predict future trends and use them to inform business strategy.
Data Analytics Programs
Ready to take the next step?
Who should take Data Analytics programs
This program is for students who are interested in Computer Science and who want to understand how to turn large sets of data into meaningful information – identifying patterns, predicting trends, and providing insights.
Develop Basic Programming Skills
Learn basic programming skills using Python and examine machine learning and artificial intelligence tools that automate analysis processes.
Build Your Proficiency in Tools
Learn how to extract strategic insights from data and efficiently communicate them using a variety of tools.
Build models to predict future trends and use them to inform business strategy.
Work on Projects
Apply what you learn toward collaborative game projects as part of a team.
Data analysts are employed across sectors in business, criminal justice, science, medicine, finance and government in one of today’s fastest growing fields.
Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Application Analyst, Business Insights Specialist, Business Intelligence Analyst for Marketing, Data Analyst/Engineer
Example Median Yearly Salary in the Seattle Metro area:
- Data Scientists and Mathematical Science Occupations $120,260
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists $91,130
- Information Security Analysts $110,450
*Source: careeronestop.org, U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics 2021