DigiPen Academy Campus
DigiPen’s main campus is located in the city of Redmond, Washington about 16 miles east of Seattle. In addition to being the home of leading technology companies such as Microsoft and Nintendo, Redmond has numerous hotels, shopping centers, and local attractions as well as outdoor opportunities such as hiking and bicycling. We are fortunate to have resources from the college DigiPen Institute of Technology at our disposal.
Pre-College Summer Programs Info & Policies
Online Etiquette Rules:
As DigiPen wants to ensure that everyone has a safe and engaging experience, all students are expected to know and follow these basic rules:
- Classes will begin on time so please plan to log in five to ten minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Be aware of your surroundings and avoid setting up in a place that is noisy or where people are constantly passing by.
- Please do not use other devices during class including mobile phones, game systems, etc.
- As you may be on camera, please dress appropriately.
- Please do not eat during the class as this can be distracting to others.
- As you may be asked to share your screen, we ask that only class-appropriate apps are running and that your desktop background image, file names, etc. are appropriate.
- Mute your microphone when you’re not talking as this helps avoid echoes and random background noise being broadcast into the classroom. When you do speak, please speak clearly so everyone can understand you.
- Whether you are talking on camera or using chat, always be respectful to everyone in the class. Any communication with the instructor or other students should be related to class topics, not memes, spam, or inappropriate material.
- Please stay seated and present during class. Breaks will be provided by the instructor but if you do need to leave, please let the instructor know that you are stepping away from your computer.
- Ask questions! Your instructor wants to help you learn so don’t be silent when you are confused or need help. If the teacher is explaining a topic, you can “raise your hand” or ask your question in the chat window.
Skill Center Info & Policies - Onsite
DigiPen Institute of Technology teaches high school classes through several Tech Academies and Skills Centers in Washington State. Policies, applications, and additional information can be found through each program’s home Skills Center or school district.
WANIC Skill Center
Washington Network for Innovative Careers (WANIC) programs, held on campus at DigiPen Institute of Technology, adhere to all policies from the WANIC consortium of school districts.
Inclement weather policies for WANIC programs follow the Lake Washington School District. For questions or to excuse absences, contact WANIC at email@example.com or 425-739-8400.
If you have earned DigiPen college credit through your Skill Center program and would like to request your transcript, please fill out the Transcript Request Form for Skills Center Students and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For high school transcripts, please contact your home high school.
Please refer to DigiPen Institute of Technology website for latest COVID-19 policies.
Increased vaccinations and continued safety measures, such as masks and social distancing, helped mitigate the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic. As we continue to monitor COVID-19, we encourage both students and staff to take appropriate steps to keeping themselves and their community safe.
In light of recent developments, we are no longer requiring the use of masks while attending class or while working with others in a lab, classroom, or workspace. Mask usage on campus is optional but still encouraged. See our mask policy and rules for additional details.
To access your course’s Canvas site, please visit canvas.digipen.edu
DigiPen Academy and all of our DigiPen Academy programs use Canvas as a learning management system to structure courses, facilitate parent communication, save student work, and many other tasks.
If you have difficulty logging in, or have any other questions, please contact an Academy Coordinator at email@example.com or (425) 629-5007.
To access your Canvas page, you will need your DigiPen provided email, which is given to you by your instructor. The first time you log in to Canvas, students will need to complete the “Forgot Password” process, and access their DigiPen provided email to complete the flow.
This email account is accessible here. Please remember that logging in to this account only requires you enter your username, not the full email address.