Registration for the 2023 DigiPen Skills Center President’s Scholarship is now open.
DigiPen Institute of Technology is pleased to offer four half-tuition merit scholarships to students who have participated in one of the DigiPen Skills Center Programs, with one scholarship for each of the following tracks:
1. Video Game Programming
This scholarship can be applied only toward one of the following DigiPen degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science in Real-time Interactive Simulation
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Game Design
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Game Design
2. Art and Animation
The scholarship can be applied only toward DigiPen’s Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Art and Animation.
3. Music and Sound Design
This scholarship can be applied only toward DigiPen’s Bachelor of Arts in Music and Sound Design.
4. Game Design
This Scholarship can be applied only toward DigiPen’s Bachelor of Arts in Game Design
How does it work?
The DigiPen Skills Center President’s Scholarship recipients for each track will receive a tuition waiver equal to 50% of their first-year tuition which will be valid between Fall 2023 and Spring 2027. Recipients must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), as defined by the DigiPen Financial Aid Office and full-time enrollment. Failure to meet these requirements will result in the loss of the scholarship.
Who is Eligible?
Students wishing to apply for this scholarship must meet the following conditions:
- Student must have received notice of admission to DigiPen Institute of Technology for an approved degree program (see above) before their scholarship application will be evaluated.
- Student must be currently enrolled or have successfully completed a minimum of one year in a DigiPen Technology Academy program before the summer of 2023.
- Student must be graduating from high school in the 2022-2023 school year.
- Students who are currently taking or have previously taken college classes at DigiPen Institute of Technology are ineligible.
- Students must submit all of the scholarship requirements by the published deadline March 1, 2023.
- Students must submit all application materials as detailed in “How to Apply”.
How to Apply – Essay Requirements
Applicants must submit digitally by March 1, 2023 and must include:
- Copy of letter of acceptance to DigiPen for Fall 2023
- Copy of most current high school transcript
- Scholarship Essay written by the applicant, answering the following questions:
a. Why should you be awarded the scholarship?
b. Why do you feel DigiPen is the best option for you?
DigiPen Institute of Technology reserves the right to not evaluate incomplete submissions.
Scholarship submissions are due March 1, 2023.
Recommendations of scholarship finalists by the DigiPen Skills Center faculty will be based on academic performance and character traits exhibited during the program. The recommendations will be submitted to the DigiPen Skills Center President’s Scholarship committee that will also conduct interviews of the finalists.
DigiPen Institute of Technology reserves the right to make the final decision on the recipients of this scholarship, including the right not to award any scholarship if no qualified applications are received.
For More Information
If you have further questions about the DigiPen Skills Center President’s Scholarship, please contact Raymond Yan at DigiPen Institute of Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org.