DigiPen Institute of Technology is pleased to offer three half-tuition merit scholarships to students who have participated in one of the DigiPen Technology Academy Programs, with one scholarship for each of the following tracks:
- Video Game Programming Track – This scholarship can be applied only toward DigiPen’s Bachelors of Computer Science in Real-time Interactive Simulation (RTIS), Science in Game Design (BSGD), Computer Science (BSCS), Computer Engineering (BSCE), and Arts in Game Design (BAGD).
- Art and Animation Track – The scholarship can be applied only toward DigiPen’s Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Art and Animation.
- Music and Sound Design Track – This scholarship can be applied only toward DigiPen’s Bachelor of Arts in Music and Sound Design.
How does it work?
The 2022 DigiPen Technology Academy Scholarship recipients for each track will receive a tuition waiver equal to 50% of their first-year tuition which will be valid between Fall 2022 and Spring 2026 if the recipients maintains Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), as defined by the DigiPen Financial Aid Office and full-time enrollment. Failure to meet these requirements will result in the loss of the scholarship.
Who is Eligible?
Students wishing to apply for this scholarship must meet the following conditions:
- Student must have received notice of admission to DigiPen Institute of Technology for an approved degree program (see above) before their application will be evaluated.
- Student must be currently enrolled or have successfully completed a minimum of one year in a DigiPen Technology Academy program before the summer of 2022.
- Student must be graduating from high school in the 2021-2022 school year.
- Students who are currently taking or have previously taken college classes at DigiPen Institute of Technology are ineligible.
- Students must submit all of the scholarship requirements by the published deadline March 1, 2022.
- Students must submit all application materials as detailed in “How to Apply”.
How to Apply – Essay Requirements
Applicants must submit digitally by March 1, 2022 and must include:
- Scholarship Essay written by the applicant, answering the following questions:
- Why should you be awarded the scholarship?
- Why do you feel DigiPen is the best option for you?
- Copy of most current high school transcript
- Copy of letter of acceptance to DigiPen for Fall 2022
Scholarship submissions are due March 1, 2022. The winner of this year’s scholarship will be announced on or before April 1, 2022.
The winner of this year’s scholarship will be based on the recommendations of DigiPen Technology Academy faculty and DigiPen’s Advisory Committee who will evaluate academic performance and character traits exhibited during the program. The committee reserves the right to not evaluate incomplete submissions. DigiPen Institute of Technology reserves the right to make the final decision on the recipients of this scholarship, including the right not to award any scholarship if no qualified applications are received.
For More Information
If you have further questions about the DigiPen Technology Academy Scholarship, please contact Raymond Yan at DigiPen Institute of Technology at email@example.com.